On the 23rd, 24th and 25th of November, the Fourteenth Feminist Meeting of Latin America and the Caribbean (EFLAC) will be held in Montevideo, Uruguay. It is a space for discussion and meeting on the diverse expressions of the feminist movement in Latin America and the Caribbean, oriented towards strengthening democracy in Latin America through the incorporation of the human rights of women from a feminist perspective in the agenda of governments and societies.
Women human rights defenders will be present at the meeting. IM-Defensoras will cooperate in the construction of Core Topic # 7, entitled WARS AND COLLECTIVE RESISTENCE. EVICTIONS, LANDS AND TERRITORIES,” to analyze different forms of violence against women human rights defenders and the ties between struggles for the defense of land, territories, natural resources and feminisms, among others.
IM-Defensoras and its member organizations, in connection with other allied groupings, will be working on the following activities to visibilize and analyze the work of women human rights defenders:
- Topic # 7 Assembly. Wars and collective resistance. Evictions, lands and territories. November 23rd and 24th 11 am-1 pm. Berta Cáceres Hall (Galpón Ventas Hall). Convene the Latin American Network of Women Defenders of Social and Environmental Rights, Collective Critical Views of the Territory from Feminism, Mesoamerican Initiative of Women Human Rights Defenders (IM-Defensoras) and Demus. Regional and international feminist organizations and funds that support: AWID and Urgent Action Fund for Latin America and the Caribbean. International Cooperation Organizations that support: Entrepueblos, Aieti, ISF.
- Feminist dialogue on political dimension of self-care among activists. November 23rd, 2-4 pm, Space 9 (Cecilia Loira Hall)
- A feminist outlook on the protection of women human rights defenders. November 24th, 2-4 pm, Space 5 (Magali Pineda).
- Women challenging corporate power. November 24th, 2-4 pm, Space 9 (Cecilia Loría).
- Joining our feminisms in defense of bodies and territories: voices and bodies of resistance. November 24th, 2-4 pm, Space Ñ.
- Framework for analyis of power. November 24th, 2-4 pm, Space I
- Uniting struggles between women human rights defenders to strengthen paths of protection, resistance and solidarity. November 24, 4-6 pm, Berta Cáceres Room.
And finally, we will present the IM-Defensoras Campaign: 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence 2017. We ask you to take note of the information in the presentation.
We are delighted to be able to share this space with women defenders from all parts of the continent, a space that is fundamental for the construction of our feminisms in Latin America. We send a warm embrace to all.
We’ll see you in Montevideo!